Jøran is a former Minister of Justice. He has also held leading positions in the Oslo City Council, amongst other in the Environment & Transport and the Urban Development Committees. He has unique expertise in planning and building law and public administration and is one of the country's foremost lawyers in his field.
Jøran has a good understanding of the decision making processes in the public sector and regularly advises real estate companies in local regulatory procesesses and framework conditions. He understands the legal, commercial and political framework and advises foreign and national clients on public policy and governmental affairs. He has extensive media experience, and guides clients through the complexity of business, government and society.
- 2012Master of Laws (LL.M), University of Oslo
- 2020Partner, Advokatfirmaet Ræder AS
- 2019 - 2020Minister of Justice and Public Security
- 2016 - 2019Partner, Advokatfirmaet Ræder AS
- 2014 - 2016State Secretary, Ministry of Justice and Public Security
- 2012 - 2014Associate, Advokatfirmaet Ræder
- 2012 - 2014Member of the standing committee of Finance, Oslo City Council
- 2011 - 2012Secretary, Urban Development Committee
- 2009 - 2011Member, Environment and Transport Committee, Oslo City Council
- 2008 - 2009Member, Health and Social Committee, Oslo City Council
- 2007 - 2008Politician, Oslo City Council
- 2006 - 2007Political advisor, Health and Social Committee, Oslo City Council
- 2003 - 2006Political advisor, Environment and Transport Committee, Oslo City Council
Want to stay up-to-date?
At Ræder Bing, we are passionate about our fields of expertise and keen to share what we know and learn. Subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated.